It seems working out isn’t enough
(Note: I want to thank Fat Cyclist for his kind words and link today. Dear Fatty readers, I hope you will mingle with my current readers (all wonderful 6 of them) and enjoy your visit. Please come back now and then, and I’d love to hear from you. Thanks!)
Through the first half of this month, I’ve lost exactly 1 pound.
Yep, all this exercise, and I’ve lost the equivalent of 2 double quarter pounders (with cheese of course) from my waistline. A little frustrating to say the least. But I know I can and will do better. And while I’ve promised myself no excuses about when I fail to make the progress I want, but I figure this one time won’t hurt:
- Yesterday the wife and I went to a Japanese steakhouse for a late valentines day dinner. I tried to commit to portion control, but it’s an insult to the chef if you don’t clean your plate and eat your wifes leftovers.
Even the bean spouts. (I’m willing to lie to make jokes, but no one eats anyone else’s bean spouts).
- We had a house guest visiting Boston for the first time and we had to take her to Mike’s Pastry.
- We live within 10 miles of Bostons North End (aka Italian food district). It’s basically the equivalent of someone coming to your house once a year with 5 pounds of spaghetti and a shotgun. You’re going to eat one or the other, so I choose the pasta.
- My wife loves baking. I kid you not that there is a 2 layer funfetti cake with sprinkles sitting on my counter at home right now. This type of thing is a regular occurance at our house. I think baked goods multiply asexually in our kitchen when we’re not around.
- I love sandwiches. And you’ve ever been to Boston, you know there’s a 3:1 people to sandwich shop ratio here.