Back from the black hole (Our trip, some product news, and getting serious)
Black holes suck in everything around them, and really when you think about it Las Vegas is a lot like that. They even have the saying “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas”. That’s because it’s a black hole. It tries to take your money, your time, and based on The Hangover, your memory. Luckily (I think), I remember the entire experience.
When I left you last, I had just met Mirinda Carfrae and Tim O’Donnell while they represented yurbuds, who are the official ear buds of the Ironman brand.
|Gratuitous re-use of this awesome photo|
Dan Deville from yurbuds was kind enough to give me a set of their headphones to review, and I’ve already started the process on that. They’re in the same vein as H2O Audio’s Flex line, a sport headphone not truly made to be waterproof, but that can sustain through a rainy or sweaty run. At a higher pricepoint (MSRP $49), Mr. Deville said they’ve got drivers equivalent to $150 ear buds, so it will be interesting to put them head to head to other headphones.
So, here’s what happened after that:
- I lost some money. Really, this probably isn’t news for most people when they go to Las Vegas, but I haven’t lost in Vegas in several years.
- I won an iPhone. Technically, I won a $199 Apple gift card, and I am hopeful to put that towards an iPad when it arrives. The contest was from VoxOx which looks to be a Skype competitor/social media client with some legs. Interested to see their project in action.
- We had a big dinner at Samba, the Brazilian steakhouse, and it was terrific. But we avoided all the buffets and only had one other breakfast that would be considered a large meal.
- I walked over 50 miles in 5 days. My feet still hurt and it’s Wednesday.
- I saw a ton of amazing things, including some interesting innovations in sports technology.
- I finally saw a show in Vegas. Rach is a big fan of Holly Madison from the “Girls Next Door” show on E!, so we saw her star in Peep Show, her first Vegas show. It was pretty fun, frankly.