What a week!
I know my updates have alternated between extremely wordy and extremely sparse, and often lacking a lot of interesting substance. I apologize for that and I know it might continue for a little bit, so please bear with me as I work through all of the craziness that’s going on. Here are the important details:
- I’ve lost 6 pounds. Shooting for 30, and I’m 1/5th of the way there with 45 days left until the race. So, 30 isn’t looking feasible but 15 definitely is, and maybe a bit more than that. If I hit 15, that will mean I’ll be at my lowest weight since I started racing, and I’ll shoot for more.
- I’ve been averaging 51:xx minutes per mile in the swim at an easy, non-race pace. We’re doing 2 miles tonight and will find out where my 2 mile stamina is at just trying getting through without stopping. Still want to do a lot of work in the water to be sure I’ll be in under cutoff, and how close I can get to 2 hours for 2.4 miles.
- We’re doing 80-85 miles on the bike on Saturday. That’s going to be wicked fun! I found a great place to ride the middle part of the route that’s low on number of cars and offers a little climbing without being overly challenging. It’ll be a good place to go even if it’s warm.
- We’re putting our furniture in storage this weekend. That will be fun… oh wait, no. But at least we’ll be staying at a place where they clean up after us every day. The house is almost packed, and we’re going to get the rest of it done, so hopefully we can take a pretty easy day monday moving into our new digs.
- 35 days of real training time left including today. Plenty for what we’ve got left to do.
- 35 days of fundraising time left, and with thanks to teammates and friends I have just $500 left to raise before the race.