Yes, I’ve been gone a while, but I’ve got lots to share:
- The “Frankenstorm” is pounding the east coast right now, and we’re starting to get the wind and rain. I bought a generator and we stocked up on water and peanut butter. Our electric company is a little co-op with about 18 employees and a couple weeks ago a small thunderstorm took out the power for the whole night. No power means no breathing machine. Another reason to focus on weight loss, but I digress.
- What would normally be the best news of the week is that I got asked back to be a member of Eleonore Rocks next year. I was glad to be a part of the team this year and I’m really looking forward to continuing my work helping new babies come into life or enjoy what time sick babies may have with their families.
- The “even better news” is that the annual Eleonore Rocks raffle has started. For $10 a ticket, you are entered to win these fabulous prizes!
- 1 Blueseventy package (includes goggles, wetsuit, swimskin, cap, toe covers, race belt
- 5 Asics backpack with gift cards for shoes
- 1 LifeProof package (worth $800)
- 1 All3sports care package (items TBD)
- 1 Speedfil
- 2 Infinit Nutrition care packages
- 1 ISM saddle of winners choice
- 1 Garmin 910xt
- 1 Rudy Project Wingspan and 1 pair of Sunglasses
The raffle starts today and ends 12/1/12. To enter, go to my Eleonore Rocks fundraising page, select the “raffle” option from the drop down, and choose how many tickets you want. The raffle option is the only way to enter that gets counted for this contest.
- Finally, my favorite news of the week; my niece Abby is being induced for labor today and in the next 48 hours, I’m going to become a Great Uncle, as opposed to just a great uncle. My niece called me to tell me it was happening and as she walked into her birthing suite, she said “Uncle Ben, they have an Eleonore Rocks chair in here!” So now I have a personal connection to Eleonore Rocks beyond just my fundraising; in a few hours my great niece is going to have her first sit in a rocking chair with her mom in an ER Chair. Please help us make this experience available to many more families
- I’ve started running to get ready for Smoke the Turkey 5k in Toledo. I hadn’t spent any time running in the prior two months so getting started again has been a challenge both from the motivation and physical aspects. But I’m doing it anyways. I don’t want to put on weight this winter, I want to lose weight to be ready for next years season.
- Speaking of next year, I’ve started looking into next seasons races. There are a lot I want to do, but I simply haven’t figured it out yet. A lot of neat races are starting next year plus some old ones I’ve been wanting to get back to or finally finish for the first time.